Okay, wow I did not see this one coming – but boy is its a stunner!
I have to admit that I have never bought a Ninjago set (well except for #70589 Rock Roader which my son picked for his 5th birthday present) but none for me. #70751 Temple of Airjitzu is a thing of beauty but there has always been another pricey set that I’ve wanted so I never pulled the trigger on getting it.
However I might, actually strike that, WILL be buying my first Ninjago set on September 1st because I HAVE TO HAVE this. A terrible cliche but Ninjago City packs the WOW factor like a smack in the face.
There’s so much to this that I don’t even know where to start – this is PACKED with stuff – so I’ll just let Lego’s Official Description do the talking:
Enjoy endless role-play fun in NINJAGO® City, a hugely-detailed 3-level model connected by a sliding elevator. Level 1 features a traditional fish market, house, a bridge over a stream, and a fishing boat. The second level has a modern fashion store, comic book store, crab restaurant with ‘crab-grilling’ function and cash-dispensing ATM. The vertical city is topped off with Lloyd Garmadon and Misako’s apartment, a rooftop sushi bar with sushi conveyor belt, and a radio tower. This action-packed THE LEGO® NINJAGO MOVIE™ set also includes 16 minifigures and Sweep the maintenance robot.
- Includes 16 minifigures: Jay, Kai and Lloyd Garmadon (each with new-for-August-2017 high school outfit decoration), Green Ninja Suit, Misako, Jamanakai Villager, Sally, Ivy Walker, Konrad, Severin Black, Tommy, Guy, Juno, Mother Doomsday, Shark Army Gunner and Officer Noonan, plus Sweep the maintenance robot.
- Features a 3-level model (each level lifts off for easy play) connected by a sliding elevator, plus a traditional fishing boat.
- Level 1 features a bridge, sewer outlet, stream with translucent-blue and translucent-green water elements, sliding elevator with room for a minifigure, traditional fish market with fish and crab elements, house with dining room and bedroom with sliding screen doors and foldout ‘solar panels’, Sweep the maintenance robot’s service station with assorted tool elements, and a taxi stand with telephone element.
- Level 2 features a modern fashion store with 2 mannequins and assorted NINJAGO® product elements, a construction site with a bonsai tree, a comic book store with brick-built sign, cashier desk, comic book stand with assorted elements including collectible NINJAGO training cards, a crab restaurant with brick-built crab entrance sign and oven with ‘crab-grilling’ function, a cash-dispensing ATM, 15 bank note elements (ATM can dispense up to 13), and a movie poster display stand with 4 interchangeable movie poster elements.
- Place the uncooked crab element in the oven, turn the dial and open the oven to reveal a cooked crab element.
- Press the handle behind the ATM to dispense bank note elements.
- Level 3 features a radio tower, modern rooftop sushi bar with sushi conveyor belt function and brick-built food, bathroom with sliding door, and brick-built puffer fish and squid sculptures, Lloyd Garmadon and Misako’s apartment with an opening window, bunk bed, kitchen unit and attic space for the Green Ninja Suit minifigure.
- Turn the dial to activate the sushi conveyor belt.
- Weapons include Jay’s chain with spike and Shark Army Gunner’s fish flame.
- Recreate and role-play exciting THE LEGO® NINJAGO® MOVIE™ scenes.
- NINJAGO® City measures over 24” (63cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 16” (42cm) deep.
- Traditional fishing boat measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
It’s modular in that the floors come apart!
The set is jam packed with stickers – but I think that they look fab so won’t be complaining!
The minifigures are super too – these are just four of the sixteen that come with Ninjago City!!
I’m very excited about this set and it’s going straight to the top of my Christmas Wishlist – I’m going to have to start dropping hints straightaway.
4867 pieces and retailing for €299 (Lego Shop@Home Ireland price) – bargain (well at least that’s what I’ll be telling Mr. Lisa Loves Lego).
Apologies for all of the capitals in this post (I’m more than a bit excited!!) Will you be adding Ninjago City to your Lego collection?